Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
© The State of Queensland (Queensland Health) 1996-2017
Electronic Journals - Available via CKN
Archives of Disease in Childhood
An international peer-reviewed journal for health professionals and researchers covering conception to adolescence
Archives of Women's Mental Health
The journal scope includes psychodynamics, social and biological aspects of all psychiatric and psychosomatic disorders in women.
Attachment & Human Development
Online journal of research related to attachment across the life-span
The Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy
Aims to represent not only family therapy, but any clinical approaches that can broadly be described as innovative or contextual.
Child: Care, Health & Development
The journal was established in 1975 and covers child health issues such as childhood illness, health care, paediatrics, and social work.
A bimonthly peer-reviewed academic journal covering developmental psychology from the fetal period to adolescence.
Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review
The Journal publishes original research reviews, conceptual and theoretical papers, and related work in the broad area of the behavioural sciences that pertains to infants, children, adolescents, and families.
Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry
A quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal that covers the field of child psychology and psychiatry.
Clinical Practice & Epidemiology in Mental Health
An open access online journal, which publishes Research articles, Reviews, Letters. in all areas of clinical practice and epidemiology in mental health.
Community Mental Health Journal
Devoted to the evaluation and improvement of public sector mental health services for people affected by severe mental disorders, serious emotional disturbances and/or addictions.
Development and Psychopathology
Devoted to the publication of original, empirical, theoretical and review papers which address the interrelationship of typical and atypical development in children and adults.
Infant Mental Health Journal
The official publication of the World Association for Infant Mental Health (WAIMH).
Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology
The Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology brings together the latest innovative research that advances knowledge of psychopathology from infancy through adolescence. The journal publishes studies that have a strong theoretical framework and use a diversity of methods, with an emphasis on empirical studies of the major forms of psychopathology found in childhood disorders.
Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry
A peer-reviewed scientific journal covering both child and adolescent psychology and psychiatry.
Journal of Mental Health Counseling
Devoted to traditional data-based research. Addresses concerns of mental health counselors in private paractice, community agencies, business and industry, and rehabilitation who deal with issues such as family counseling and substance abuse.
Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development
Research, theory or program applications pertinent to multicultural and ethnic minority interest in all areas of counselling and human development.
Journal of Perinatal Education
Deals with news, research and events about pregnancy, childbirth and early childcare.
Journal of Perinatal Medicine
The journal covers the entire field of perinatal medicine, obstetrics and neonatology.
Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology
A bimonthly peer-reviewed medical journal covering epidemiologic research related to paediatrics and perinatology.
Patient Education and Counseling
An interdisciplinary, international journal for patient education and health promotion researchers, managers and clinicians.
Newsletters & Other Publications
- Emerging Minds Dedicated to advancing the mental health and emotional wellbeing of Australian infants, children, adolescents and their families. (Option to subscribe to newsletter is at the bottom of the webpage.)
- COPMI eNews (Children Of Parents with a Mental Illness) COPMI promotes better mental health outcomes for children of parents with a mental illness.
- DMM Newsletter (IASA) The primary purpose of the association is to seek and promote theoretically meaningful and testable integrations of treatment methods to generate a meta-model of treatment that is systemic, developmental, transactional, and evolutionary.
- Parent-Infant Research Institute (PIRI) Newsletter PIRI is committed to supporting parent well-being and infant development (conception to 2 years) through research and evidence based treatments.
- Beyond the Bear Newsletter Bears Of Hope Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support provides leading support and exceptional care for families who experience the loss of their baby.
- The Perinatal Mental Health Nurse What is social media saying about perinatal and infant mental health this week?
- Early Childhood Australia's national newsletter The peak early childhood advocacy organisation, acting in the interests of young children, their families and those in the early childhood field.
- Zero to Three ZERO TO THREE works to ensure that babies and toddlers benefit from the early connections that are critical to their well-being and development.
Copyright & Acknowledgements
WARNING. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are warned that this specialty guide may provide links to websites that may contain images of deceased people. Wherever possible, such links and resources are identified and removed. Contact the Queensland Centre for Perinatal & Infant Mental Health Library for further information or to provide feedback.